[Engine-devel] VNic QoS measure units and attributes.

Giuseppe Vallarelli gvallare at redhat.com
Mon Jun 24 12:07:16 UTC 2013

Hi Ofri, I've been reading your design page for this feature [1] and and I've found out
that there's a possible unit of measure mismatch regarding: Average, Burst and Peak, clearly
makes sense to use Mbps on the gui but I wonder if you're aware that the vdsm api expects
respectivly: kB/sec, kB and kB/sec (for average, burst and peak), so a conversion is needed.
As a side note the only compulsory attribute needed to define QoS for incoming and outgoing
traffic is average, burst and peak are optional (see [2]), this is not clear by looking
at the mockups and description.

Cheers, Giuseppe

[1] http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Network_QoS
[2] http://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html#elementQoS