[Engine-devel] ovirt-engine-sdk

Michael Pasternak mpastern at redhat.com
Tue Jun 25 09:14:14 UTC 2013

On 06/25/2013 04:23 AM, wlbleaboy at 126 wrote:
> "connect to ovirt-engine via ovirt-engine-sdk" is using sdk like this:
>
> Api = API('https://{ovirt-engine}', 'user at domain', 'password',  None, None,
> 'ca.crt', filter=True)
>
> this function running more than 10 seconds.

this is very odd,

1. please run GET query with curl against a /api and see how much time it takes to get a response?
2. what is the machine that you running your sdk code at? the ovirt-engine machine?
3. please check CPU, I/O, memory load on the machine where your sdk code runs
4. please add debug=True to API() initialization and send me the output

> And Userportal is faster than it.

sdk is not the same as UserPortal, it runs on a different platform,
uses different technology to communicate with the server, on initialization it creates a pool
of connections to be used + verifying ca cert + maps python<->xml at runtime, etc.,
but any of these should not be time consuming in a way you describing.

Michael Pasternak
RedHat, ENG-Virtualization R&D