[Engine-devel] Move SQL out of stored procedures

Libor Spevak lspevak at redhat.com
Wed Mar 27 08:09:22 UTC 2013

Hi,
I would recommend always to avoid hard coding SQL into Java code. It is
very hard to maintain and read.
If there is something, which prevents using JPA/Hibernate, e.g. the
database relational model doesn't reflect the object-oriented domain
very well or we have to live with many stored procedures concurrently, I
would choose a framework, which enables to externalize the SQL code
(into XML).

I worked on a larger project(s) with a lot of PL/SQL code, we moved to
myBatis (previously iBatis) very soon for Java backend:

https://code.google.com/p/mybatis/

Libor