[Engine-devel] Open Attestation integration with oVirt engine proposal has submitted patchset5 for your review

Doron Fediuck dfediuck at redhat.com
Thu Mar 28 14:43:19 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

Dave, adding another suggestion on top of Ofri's;

Generally speaking, a cluster of hosts defines many joint features
(such as CPU level), which means that in the same cluster we would
expect to be able to freely migrate a VM from one host to another.

Current trust-pools design is breaking this concept, as you introduce
a state where a VM cannot migrate from a 'safe' host into an 'unsafe'
host.

This leads me to the suggestion of having attestation as a cluster
policy rather than a VM-level property. It means that all hosts in
this cluster are constantly being monitored to be safe. If a host
is declared as unsafe in the Attestation server, it will become
non-operational in the engine. This will simplify the implementation
since you have everything ready for you once you have a 'safe' cluster
and no need to do any VM-level changes.

So in this way you keep current concepts while simplifying the
implementation with very little worries of performance issues.

Can you please share your thoughts on this suggestion?