loop devices again - fedora18-vm02 needs a reboot

Fabian Deutsch fabiand at redhat.com
Tue Aug 13 15:32:14 UTC 2013

Am Dienstag, den 13.08.2013, 17:19 +0200 schrieb David Caro:
> On Tue 13 Aug 2013 02:21:23 PM CEST, Kiril Nesenko wrote:
> > Done
> >
> > - Kiril

Hey,

yes - I guess it was me who caused the problems, because I stopped some
ovirt-node jobs through the jenkins interface. I didn't know that the
ovirt-node job now also contains the iso part (the job got reconfigured
while I was on vacation) - because stopping that, killed livecd creator
which further lead to the orphaned loop devices.

I think it's now at least the third time that we discuss the problems
with ovirt-node - or more specififc with the livecd-creator.
Besides ovirt-node, it's also the job which creates the ovirt-live iso
which can lead to similar problems.
We won't be able to sort out all problems we see as long as we use
livecd-creator. We hope that it will get better when we migrate to
imagefac (which will be using VMs to create image).

Greetings
fabian