converting networking functional tests ci job

Giuseppe Vallarelli gvallare at redhat.com
Thu Aug 22 13:03:29 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

Right now with the current tests it takes around 8 mins,
but I got other 5/6 patches which add more of them.
I expect around 10/12 min but it will grow over time
as we add more functional tests.

| 2. can it run in parallel to other jobs?

It can run with vdsm unit tests but not with another instance of
functional tests.

| 3. does it affect the slave (in terms of other jobs will fail on it..)

It shouldn't affect the slave, but it's something that I experienced
when NetworkManager was interfering with vdsm network code, basically
we lost connection with the slave. It's something that unfortunately
can happen.

| 4. how do you plan to differ between network commits and other commits?

Not so long ago, if I recall correctly you proposed a tag-like mechanism
so we can distinguish patchset that needs network functional tests
and patchset that do not. Otherwise the other alternative might be
to detect changes in the networking modules, if the patchset touches
one of the network modules than this job is triggered the only downside
is that we should keep track of the networking modules and probably
add them manually when we create new networking modules.

Thanks Giuseppe