Rescheduled meeting

Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden ewoud+ovirt at kohlvanwijngaarden.nl
Mon Dec 2 15:17:55 UTC 2013

Due to a scheduling conflict there was also another IRC meeting planned
in our regular timeslot. I offered to reschedule ours, but I don't know
what another time slot would be.

I'd propose we do it by mail and we'll meet again next week. Please add
where you can.

= Action items from last week =

* update a ticket on rackspace and raise its priority

* ewoud rename the puppet branch
Haven't worked on it. Will most likely need to work with dcaro because I don't
have the permissions.

* work on ticket to create a jenkins job to automate the deployment after a
  merge on puppet
This is still blocked on the puppet branch rename.

* eedri to merge http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/21094/
Was merged

* upgrade/reinstall all f18 slaves to f20
Some F20 slaves were added. Eedri?

= Hosting =

= Puppet and Foreman =

* Foreman was upgraded to 1.3. I forgot to formally announce it and
  downtime was longer than it should have been. Ran into
  http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/23315 (puppetdb + java 1.6 +
  openssl from EL6.5 aren't friends). Solved by installing java 1.7.

* With Foreman 1.3 we can associate VMs to compute resources. This means
  our VMs that were installed and later added to Foreman now also have
  the compute resource integation. That means console and power
  controls. There are still 2 machines not associated (jenkins vm01 and
  vm03) and I don't know why yet.

= Jenkins=

= Other business? =

* Minutes URLs on http://www.ovirt.org/Infrastructure_team_meetings point
  to the logs instead of the nicer minutes. Compare:
  http://resources.ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2013/ovirt.2013-11-25-15.05.html
  http://resources.ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2013/ovirt.2013-11-25-15.05.log.html
  I'd propose we link the short version since that includes a link to
  the full logs, but not the other way around.

* We should find a solution to do regular yum updates. This can be as
  simple as a weekly or monthly manual check where we do updates and
  reboot if needed. Anyone knows a good solution?