puppet trailhead for ovirt infra

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Fri Oct 18 11:35:40 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 06:15:57PM -0400, R P Herrold wrote:

> Eyal Edri mentioned in IRC this morning (to me) that he had opened a
> couple of puppet tickets on infra matters -- and so I resolved to
> look on for 'easyfix' fruit to commit for puppet to apply
>
> [ BTW, I solved getting a commit of a trivial gix up to gerrit
> earlier today as to a vdsm typo, so I think I have write access to
> git with ssh keying working.  Checking the CI server dashboard, I
> see a broken build, but it seems to be for reasons other than my
> patch (which should have not have caused any new damag)e:
> http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/20277/  As I am not certain, however, I
> decided I should stop further work on that front ]

No harm done by you. We experience way too many false test failures. In
your case, a timeout on
http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/vdsm_unit_tests_gerrit/5035/ and a missing
output file on
http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/vdsm_unit_tests_gerrit_el/4151

ERROR: testStop (remoteFileHandlerTests.PoolHandlerTests)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/jenkins/workspace/vdsm_unit_tests_gerrit/tests/remoteFileHandlerTests.py", line 69, in testStop
    procPath))
  File "/home/jenkins/workspace/vdsm_unit_tests_gerrit/vdsm/storage/remoteFileHandler.py", line 184, in callCrabRPCFunction
    rawLength = self._recvAll(LENGTH_STRUCT_LENGTH, timeout)
  File "/home/jenkins/workspace/vdsm_unit_tests_gerrit/vdsm/storage/remoteFileHandler.py", line 150, in _recvAll
    raise Timeout()
Timeout

Recording test results
No test report files were found. Configuration error?
Build step 'Publish JUnit test result report' changed build result to
FAILURE
Finished: FAILURE

Why is vdsm_unit_tests_gerrit_el looking for JUnit test result? I do not
see this step on the last successful run of
http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/vdsm_unit_tests_gerrit_el/4139/console