Bad setup code in vdsm_master_storage_functional_tests_localfs_gerrit

David Caro dcaroest at redhat.com
Tue Jun 17 08:33:24 UTC 2014

On Tue 17 Jun 2014 10:24:49 AM CEST, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 03:40:51AM -0400, Vered Volansky wrote:

It was fixed by me some time ago (I added the mkdir -p before the
touch, just in case)

    sudo mkdir -p /var/log/vdsm
    sudo chown vdsm:kvm
    sudo sh -c 'echo "" > /var/log/vdsm/vdsm.log'
    sudo sh -c 'echo "" > /var/log/vdsm/supervdsm.log'

> However, apparently it was not there, which made the echo fail, which
> led to the job failing. We should understand why it disappeared.
>
> dcaro, eedri - do you have any idea?

Totally agree, and, if it was meant to be there, I'll remove the mkdir
to make the test fail if it's not there.
But for what I see on the job, there's nothing that ensures you that
the directory will be there, vdsm might never have been installed on
that machine, or might have been properly cleaned at some point
(removing logs and leftovers).
So, In my opinion the issue is that we are not cleaning up properly
after the vdsm jobs and leaving the logs behind.

Also, to which point can these tests run on docker? Anyone have tried?
Because it would make it fit to be run in parallel and on any slave
with any specific deps.

--
David Caro

Red Hat S.L.