Bad setup code in vdsm_master_storage_functional_tests_localfs_gerrit

Vered Volansky vered at redhat.com
Tue Jun 17 11:06:25 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

I saw that, but this thread was opened after this change.

> > However, apparently it was not there, which made the echo fail, which
> > led to the job failing. We should understand why it disappeared.
> >
> > dcaro, eedri - do you have any idea?
>
> Totally agree, and, if it was meant to be there, I'll remove the mkdir
> to make the test fail if it's not there.
> But for what I see on the job, there's nothing that ensures you that
> the directory will be there, vdsm might never have been installed on
> that machine, or might have been properly cleaned at some point
> (removing logs and leftovers).
> So, In my opinion the issue is that we are not cleaning up properly
> after the vdsm jobs and leaving the logs behind.
We sure are not. In the past I had vdsm logs when vdsm was not installed, which led to this echo.
logrotate was suggested to me, but I saw the job is already configured this way and then told this was actually related to something else and the above is how it should be done.
A different suggestion is welcome.
The test is not supposed to run in parallel to another, this is how it's configured.

> Also, to which point can these tests run on docker? Anyone have tried?
No, When asked how to set it up this is what was suggested.