Proposal for hosting our own set of modules

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Mon Jun 23 14:30:55 UTC 2014

Hi,

so following the discussion on puppet module, I would propose that we
create a new infra-puppet-modules module on gerrit.

The division between this module and the current one would be like
this :

infra-puppet would hold the manifests, the site, the Puppetfile , etc

infra-puppet-modules would hold directories, 1 per module we develop
(not the external one we use, they would still be on github or anywhere,
pulled by librarian-puppet) .

Since we are using librarian-puppet
( https://github.com/rodjek/librarian-puppet ) and r10k
( https://github.com/adrienthebo/r10k ) , it requires use to have the
modules/ directory to be managed by librarian-puppet. In turn we need to
have the modules in git, we can address them by path:

  mod "puppetlabs/apt",
    :git => "git://github.com/fake/puppet-modules.git",
    :path => "modules/apt"

This wouldn't requires to change much, besides adding the module to Puppetfile and creating a git repository.

If no one disagree, I will request the git repository.

( in the mean time, i did create a sample awstats repository for stats.ovirt.org, so we can have something to push )

--
Michael Scherer
Open Source and Standards, Sysadmin