Storage functional tests CI job

David Caro dcaroest at redhat.com
Wed May 28 11:21:45 UTC 2014

On 05/26/2014 02:58 PM, Vered Volansky wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> After talking with Eyal and Ohad we understand our needs comply with a matrix job.
Upstream or downstream?

Which project/projects? Should it build engine/vdsm/both.

Should it use a nightly repo or something?

Should it be triggered by ovirt-engine patches? vdsm patches? both? Timed?
manually run only?

If triggered by gerrit, should it send any feedback to the patch? Should it
block the patch if failed?

Which setup is required for the tests to start?
(ex. build vdsm, install packages, services up, network interfaces...)

What needs to be cleaned up after?

Can it run in parallel with itself? And with other jobs?

Does it require a specific hardware/distribution?

What should be saved from the tests (any specific logs? Just the output?)

> Our inputs (currently passed by env variables to run_tests.sh) are generally the cross product of version and storage types: version=[0,1,2,3], storage_type=[localfs,nfs,posix,iscsi,fc].
Do you have an example of one of the combinations run script?
(ex. ./run_tests.sh --storage-type localfs --version 1)

> Can you please set a time for us to set this up together?
Sure, but have the answers for the previous questions beforehand, so we can
start working right away, I don't know anything of the above, so I can't help
defining them.

--
David Caro

Red Hat S.L.