Erroneous cherry-pick through UI

Yevgeny Zaspitsky yzaspits at redhat.com
Tue Dec 8 14:13:05 UTC 2015

Hi All,

Yesterday cherry-picked one of my patches from master branch to
ovirt-engine-3.6.1 through the Gerrit UI (
https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/50039/).
Then I've figured the Gerrit has pushed my new commit under
/ref/tags/ovirt-engine-3.6 rather than ovirt-engine-3.6.1 branch, so CI
doesn't run on that nor it could be merged.
Needless to say that I didn't meant to push a change to ovirt-engine-3.6.1
tag and chose the branch from the list that UI offered to me and that
appeared as "ovirt-engine-3.6.1" in the UI.
Today I've cherry-picked the patch manually and this worked as expected.

IMHO Gerrit should be configured in the way that prevents such mistakes,
either by filtering out tags from the offered list or by not using branch
names as tags.

Regards,
Yevgeny