CI fails

David Caro dcaro at redhat.com
Tue Apr 19 17:25:21 UTC 2016

On 04/19 20:13, Yevgeny Zaspitsky wrote:
> http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-engine_master_find-bugs_gerrit/44920/ :
> There was an infra issue, please contact infra at ovirt.org
>
> From looking into the job log it appears that git failed fetching the
> updates from the server.
> That isn't the first time a git problem appears on the Jenkins CI nodes -
> similar failure happened on another my patch today.
> Is there a way to improve git communication stability on the Jenkins CI
> nodes?

Yep, it timed out:

   17:48:28 ERROR: Timeout after 10 minutes

Currently our gerrit server is on amazon, and the jenkins slaves are at
phoenix that sometimes has network issues.

It might be possible to try to add a gerrit mirror locally at phoenix though
it's not trivial.

I see that the speed is <50K/s, that's actually really slow, probably a network
issue on phx, worth taking a look there too... we still have to add proper
monitoring to the network, but we are on our way.

I'd try that approach first, though the mirror is a good idea that will
probably have to be implemented anyhow once we start adding slaves, having real
info on the network usage/errors will give us insight to actually determine
what's the issue, and thus, what's the best solution.

@infra what do you think?