CI fails

Barak Korren bkorren at redhat.com
Wed Apr 20 06:28:50 UTC 2016

> I'd try that approach first, though the mirror is a good idea that will
> probably have to be implemented anyhow once we start adding slaves, having real
> info on the network usage/errors will give us insight to actually determine
> what's the issue, and thus, what's the best solution.
>
> @infra what do you think?

The issue with mirroring is how can you make sure that you mirror fast
enough to enable CI. Even if Gerrit can push to the mirror on patch
submission, there will still be some time delta between the submission
happening (and the patch event showing up in Jenins) and the mirror
being synced. This looks like a nasty race condition.
What the mirror essentially does is make sure that bits are copied
from Amazom to PHX just once. I wonder if we can get the same benefit
with a simple HTTP proxy, how proxy-able is the Git HTTP protocol?

--
Barak Korren
bkorren at redhat.com
RHEV-CI Team