mirrors errors

Anton Marchukov amarchuk at redhat.com
Mon Dec 12 15:18:37 UTC 2016

Hello Eyal, All.

I see that jobs (and probably all standard ci ones?) now uses default
Fedora configs from mock_configs/fedora-24-x86_64.cfg [1]
it relies on metalink that is central point that failed at that time, also
it can generate random mirrorlist and hence effectively skips the list of
mirrors that we select and I even not sure that it uses our squid proxy at
all. There is no proxy configured at that mock config.

The changes for mock were done at fedora-24-x86_64_proxied.cfg copies of
mock configs and in fact the change for Fedora proxies were not yet merged
[2] and even if it was merged the standrad ci will not use them since for
some reason it now uses default config, so it even does not currently use
our old reproxy solution for Fedora repos.

Anybody have any insights of why is that?

So my suggestion is to

1. Switch standrad ci back to our _proxied configs as that was before (or
was not and we just did not note it???).
2. Merge the remaining patch for proxied config to use new proxy solution
instead of reproproxy [2].

[1]
https://gerrit.ovirt.org/gitweb?p=jenkins.git;a=blob;f=mock_configs/fedora-24-x86_64.cfg;h=7bdfabba003ee7de83aea4d0aad0bef0d6d747d8;hb=refs/heads/master
[2] https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/67595/

Anton.

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 10:54 AM, Eyal Edri <eedri at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 11:47 AM, Evgheni Dereveanchin <
> ederevea at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Eyal,
>>
>> This does not look like a mirror issue but a MetaLink one.
>> MetaLink is a security plugin for yum [1] and I saw the same
>> issue last week so MetaLink may have been broken at that time.
>>
>> Basically what it does is fetches a file like [2] and checks
>> if the mirrors received from the mirrorlist are present there.
>> Maybe it does some other checks, but the point of this is
>> protection against stale/rogue mirrors.
>>
>> I think we should just disable MetaLink on our CI slaves as
>> we don't rely on latest fedora software versions anyway.
>>

> If this is indeed the case, lets open a ticket on this and track it.
>

>> Regards,
>> Evgheni Dereveanchin
>>
>> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/YumMetalinks
>> [2] https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=fedora-24&arch=x86_64

Anton Marchukov
Senior Software Engineer - RHEV CI - Red Hat