Ability to run [job-name] when a tag is pushed to Gerrit

Vojtech Szocs vszocs at redhat.com
Wed Dec 14 17:18:54 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----

As Barak pointed below, to address my original request, we could have
some (e.g. "on-tag-push") job trigger that could be used in job conf.

If I'm reading [a] correctly, Jenkins Gerrit trigger (Jenkins plugin)
doesn't explicitly support "tag pushed" event, which is strange (?),
there is only "Ref Updated" which should include tag pushes.

[a] https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Gerrit+Trigger#GerritTrigger-TriggerConfiguration

So if it's not very feasible to implement e.g. "on-tag-push" trigger,
I'm OK with [2] - posting Gerrit comment on (already merged & tagged)
patch to re-trigger the build-artifacts job.

> There is already an open Jira on it [2], though maybe its not exactly the
> same use case.
>
> I was suggestion what you are saying as preparation for automating official
> builds, but we didn't got around to do it yet,
> and currently the focus and priority is on oVirt Gating, but if its
> something simple like [1] we can probably work with developers to add it if
> it has lot of value.
> Lets star with [1] and see if it answer some of the existing needs.

Agreed, +1 on OVIRT-920.