Change in ovirt-engine[ovirt-engine-3.6]: packaging: rename: Handle storage domains more nicely

Barak Korren bkorren at redhat.com
Tue Feb 2 10:02:12 UTC 2016

>> http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-engine_3.6_check-patch-el6-x86_64/1312/ : FAILURE
>>
>> http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-engine_3.6_check-patch-el7-x86_64/1410/ : FAILURE
>
> Both of these are pep8:
>
> packaging/setup/plugins/ovirt-engine-rename/ovirt-engine/database.py:311:21:
> E126 continuation line over-indented for hanging indent
> packaging/setup/plugins/ovirt-engine-rename/ovirt-engine/database.py:312:21:
> E126 continuation line over-indented for hanging indent
>

>> http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-engine_3.6_check-patch-fc23-x86_64/1004/ : SUCCESS
>
> How come this one passed?
>
> Do we have different versions/configuration of pep8 in different OSes?

If you didn't do anything special, you are probably using PEP8 from
the distro repositories, which is different across repos...
If you want to use the same pep8 on every distro, you will need to
modify check_patch.sh to do that. For example you could make it pull a
specific PEP8 version with pip.

> Also note that E126 is ignored by default, see e.g.:
>
> https://github.com/PyCQA/pep8/issues/265
> https://github.com/PyCQA/pep8/pull/360

This was probably added on F23 but not landed in EL6/7 yey (or will
not ever). You can force this my making pep8 used some configuration
file in check_patch.sh

--
Barak Korren
bkorren at redhat.com