new Jenkins VM in PHX lab

Nadav Goldin ngoldin at redhat.com
Wed Feb 10 07:45:20 UTC 2016

Hi all,
I installed yesterday a fresh Jenkins VM in the PHX datacenter at
jenkins.phx.ovirt.org running centos 7.2, few details:
1. It is puppetized, but still needs some verification[1], I was able to
auto-generate the plugins list from jenkins.ovirt.org into the puppet
manifest, so it has exactly the same plugins installed. the concept might
also work for future migrations we do between the instances.
2. the jenkins data directory is 500gb configured with lvm and xfs. I was
able to do "live" storage incrase by adding a new volume to the LVM group
in the following procedure:

   -  created new virtio volume in the VM from phx-engine
   -  fdisk /dev/vdd then: n -> p -> 1 -> enter -> enter -> t -> 8e -> w
   -  vgextend jenkins_lvm /dev/vdd1
   -  lvextend /dev/mapper/jenkins_lvm-data -L28G
   -  xfs_growfs /dev/mapper/jenkins_lvm-data

I was unable to increase the volume size from the engine, and then increase
the partition size(only create a new partition on the same volume with the
new increased space in the volume), not sure if that is possible.

3. authentication - same as jenkins.ovirt.org for now: self enrol and
adding permissions(ping me)

4. there is much more configuration that needs to be done to make it
functional, but i guess we can start by testing it :)
[1] https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/53309/