Base Squid Configuration for Repo Mirroring

Anton Marchukov amarchuk at redhat.com
Wed Jul 20 19:09:32 UTC 2016

Hello All.

I tried to look some available solutions for transparent (read low
maintenance) repository caching and the best thing I have found is the one
from Ubuntu available here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SquidDebProxy

Basically it is fully based on squid with some auto configuration and
additional service discovery capabilities. Do not need to use it in full at
all, but we can use the config available there as a base point to review
and start with:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mvo/+junk/squid-deb-proxy/view/head:/squid-deb-proxy.conf

I also think we do not need acl to limit it to the domains as we have
several repos used and they are added/removed along the way. So we can try
with simply file type based acls. Then if we wisely setup our stats
collection we should be able to asses how it perform and if any problems
identified - try to address them individually.

Those are my 2 cents.

Anton.

--
Anton Marchukov
Senior Software Engineer - RHEV CI - Red Hat