yamlizing findbugs jobs

David Caro Estevez dcaro at redhat.com
Wed Mar 9 15:08:50 UTC 2016

On 03/09 15:57, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:
> About https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/46925/
>

> *Juan Hernandez* Mar 7 5:34 PM
>
> Patch Set 14:
>
> The only important thing that is missing is what will happen with the
> findbugs reports. Will we still have a report that tells us what bugs
> exist, what have been fixed since the last build, etc?

No, it won't

> If I understand
> correctly that is generated by the Jenkins findbugs plugin, and this patch
> doesn't use it. Will we preserve the separate findbugs job?

No, we shouldn't (that's the idea if generalizing the jobs, so there are no
special ones)

> In addition I have recently learned that the "findbugs:findbugs" mojo runs
> the checks, but doesn't fail the build if it finds issues. There is a
> different "findbugs:check" mojo that runs the check and fails the build
> with the first issue. It may be more appropriate for this purpose.

That's a nice improvement, as allows removing the check for errors in the
report file that it's doing right now.

> Eyal, David, other infra members, any hint on how to progress with this
> patch?

My idea of this was to solve it creating dynamic jobs with the pipeline plugin
whenever we started using it for the standard ci as it allows you to
dynamically generate jobs, you might be able to see if there was a report
generated before enabling certain plugin (like findbugs), as the current issue
is that if you enable it for the standard ci, it will fail if the report is not
generated (and not all the jobs generate it).

But that might take some time (more now that it's dropped from my priorities)
so you might want to find another solution.
I really don't recommend it, but it should be possible to use yaml macros and
write one macro for each job that needs those extra plugins including the
standard and adding the publisher. But that's bread for today and hunger for
tomorrow, so be careful.