Openshift v2 being retired -- plans

Barak Korren bkorren at redhat.com
Wed Aug 30 09:30:22 UTC 2017

On 30 August 2017 at 12:24, Marc Dequènes (Duck) <duck at redhat.com> wrote:
> Quack,
>
> On 08/30/2017 02:59 PM, Barak Korren wrote:
>
>> Im not sure if creating VMs is the right approach. We have our own
>> OpenShift instance. Perhaps create containers there?
>
> I only used OpenShift v2, but I can learn. I created an account, so if
> someone can give me some power it would be nice.
>
> Also I wonder how we can mix Ansible and OpenShift. It seem you can use
> Ansible a provisionner to build an image, which is nice, but that's a
> deep change in how we use Ansible. AFAIK you're not supposed to deploy
> Ansible rules in a running OpenShift Container directly like you do on a
> VM. I'd be happy to have advice (during the meeting?).

I think the way to go here is to use ansible-containers to run Ansible
rules inside the containers at build time. I think it can also deploy
the built containers into openshift when it is done.

> Also btw, port 8443 is not opened from the outside, which is not very
> practical.

I think you are supposed to use a router to direct traffic from
"normal" ports and hostnames such as 80 or 443 into the internal
higher ports on the containers.

--
Barak Korren
RHV DevOps team , RHCE, RHCi