Job definitions in the 'yaml' directory

Barak Korren bkorren at redhat.com
Sun Mar 19 14:41:30 UTC 2017

Hi guys,

We've been doing some work recently to enable using the 'jenkins' repo
to create different jobs for different Jenkins instances. I had be
working on enabling its use to configure the staging server, while Gil
had been working on using it downstream.

This work is based on the assumption that the 'jobs/confs/yaml'
directory only contains job templates and not individual job
definitions. This is certainly true for all standard-CI jobs.

I have found, however, a few jobs that are defined inside the YAML
directory. These include:

- ovirt-engine_master_coverity-analysis
- scan_security_and_license_ovirt-engine_master
- system_gerrit-alert-old-patches
- system_jenkins-report

Some of these jobs seem quite old. Can we remove them? Alternatively
we could move the definitions to the 'projects' directory, or,
ideally, re-factor them into separate 'job-template' and 'project'
definitions that reside in the right places.

--
Barak Korren
bkorren at redhat.com
RHCE, RHCi, RHV-DevOps Team