Do the CI support creating a github releases + assets?

Barak Korren bkorren at redhat.com
Wed Feb 14 07:19:21 UTC 2018

On 13 February 2018 at 11:59, Roy Golan <rgolan at redhat.com> wrote:
> I'm currently rolling my own makefile to create a release, with a binary
> file as assets.
> Does standard CI have something to publish artifacts in GH releases?

We don't have built-in support for it (And probably never will,
because we believe in releasing oVirt stuff on ovirt.org resources),
but we have credentials support so you can give us credentials for
using the GitHub API to access it on your behalf, and then have those
credentials made available to build scripts.

Also, a plain binary is a bad choice for a release mechanism IMO, it
does not contain any useful metadata. Release media should typically
at least include enough metadata to let you know which release is
newer then another...

Why not wrap it in an RPM or a container?

--
Barak Korren
RHV DevOps team , RHCE, RHCi