patch to OST should have failed CI but did not

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Mon May 7 05:53:58 UTC 2018

On Sun, May 6, 2018 at 5:27 PM, Barak Korren <bkorren at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 6 May 2018 at 16:29, Yedidyah Bar David <didi at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> See [1]. Pushed it to test [2], and with it it failed as expected [3].
>> But check-patch didn't fail, and IIUC didn't run any sub-jobs for any
>> suite, no idea why. I think that's a problem... Any idea?
>>

> This is a known issue with the deployment files - since they are linked to
> directly from the suits` 'LagoInitFile's, and not as symlinks in the suits`
> directories, STDCI can tell which suits they belong to.
>
> We've discussed this before and decides to make symlinks - but I guess this
> wasn't implemented yet. Gal, Daniel - any status update about the
> implementation?

Personally I prefer to get rid of all the symlinks.

Each suite should have a configuration file in some format, that lists
what lago init file(s) it uses, what test scenarios it runs, what deploy
scripts, etc.

I realize that I do not have the full picture and that real
life is more complicated. But symlinks are not the solution. symlinks are
designed to _hide_ the fact they are links, not to serve as a configuration
store. Text files do the latter better, imo. They are easier to work with -
easier to read and edit, both manually and by a program, easier to track in
git, etc.

Best regards,
--
Didi