[Kimchi-devel] [kimchi-devel][bug]test_model.py fails because of exception

Aline Manera alinefm at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Feb 17 12:34:56 UTC 2014

On 02/16/2014 11:51 PM, Royce Lv wrote:
> Guys,
>
>     Recently I ran test cases and find all cases in model test with
> exception fails. After investigate with Sheldon, we found it is
> because now exception uses kimchi defined exceptions which involves
> cherrypy.request.app.root, and this is not set when just run with
> test_model.
>
>     Based on this, we hope we can set up a jenkins server and do test
> when every patch get merged, also developers ourselves need to test
> before submit with latest code rebased. So that error like this can be
> discovered earlier.

Hi Royce,

As you may know I run the tests before applying any patch upstream.
But I run all the tests using "make check" command - the same way our
Jenkins server will do one day.

So this kind of problem isn't because we are missing a Jenkins server or
we do not run the tests.

The key problem is: why "make check" can run all model tests and we can
not do it separately?
AFAIK, "make check" uses "run_tests.sh" script which run all tests - one
by one.
What "run_tests.sh" is doing to model tests run with success?

We need to find the problem and fix it.
"make check" should run all tests the same way I can them individually.