[Kimchi-devel] [RFC] About the way Kimchi deals with services (libvirt, nfs, etc)

Shu Ming shuming at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Feb 17 13:45:51 UTC 2014

2014/2/17 19:17, Daniel H Barboza:
> Hello all,
>
> I am working in a nfs related bug where kimchi hungs up if the nfs
> service stops for some reason while creating a NFS pool. I have a very
> similar situation Power-only with a  But nother service.
>
> My idea at first was to verify the service status every time we
> request a specific service. This could work for actions that requires
> specific services, such as NFS. However, for this approach make sense,
> we should verify the status of libvirt for all the operations that
> depend of it. We would flood the code with "if (libvirt.service is
> active) " conditionals do to pretty much anything.
Do you mean to check nfs service indirectly by checking libvirtd
service?  It is possible that the command hangs when you try to check
the libvirt service with commands like "service status libvirtd".   I
would suggest to check the service status in another process and set a
timeout value for the process to time out.