oVirt Sync Call Meeting Minutes :: 2011-10-05

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Wed Oct 5 14:46:40 UTC 2011

oVirt Sync Call Meeting Minutes

Wednesday, October 5, 2011 - 14:00-15:00 UTC (10:00am US Eastern,
07:00am US Pacific)

== Invitees/Attendees ==
project-planning at ovirt.org list subscribers

Frank Novak (IBM)
Robyn Bergeron (Red Hat)
Jon Benedict (Net App)
Livnat Peer (Red Hat)
Karsten Wade (Red Hat)
Jim Jagielski (Red Hat)
Andy Cathrow (Red Hat)
Michael Enescu (Cisco)
Alex Graf (SUSE)
Ricardo Labiaga (Net App)
Carl Trieloff (Red Hat)
Yaniv Kaul (Red Hat)
Anthony Liguori (IBM)
Mike Day (IBM)
Itamar Heim (Red Hat)
Perry Myers (Red Hat)

If you do not currently have this call on your calendar and would like
it to be, please mail rbergero at redhat.com.

== Project Schedule ==
  * Ongoing oVirt workshop promotion
  * oVirt Workshop - November 1, 2, 3
    * USA - CA - hosted by Cisco
      * Press release post workshop
      * Community startup at workshop
      * Schedule first community release
  * Community Infrastructure
    * Launch at workshop
    * First release - January/February.

== Action Items ==
  * Robyn to get Jun added to Board/project planning lists, meeting invite.
  * Carl to link up project maturity page, adding a subproject page
  * Karsten to continue working hotel/event arrangements for workshop

== Call Agenda ==

0) General Updates
  * Intel has requested to swap their board seat from Imad to Jun Nakajima.
    * External site has been updated, now invited to call.
    * Action: Will be added to lists/meeting by Robyn.

1) Board news
  * Governance/Joining project guidelines
    * Jim has written up 2 components:
      * Project acceptance policy (include into adding a subproject page)
      * Indications of a healthy project (add to project maturity page)
      * Carl: Link project maturity page to adding a subproject page.
      * Goal is to get things posted before the weekend, reengage
discussion next week on subprojects.
  * Project news / voting status
    * cli/sdk split proposal
    * Others?
  * Participation updates (Andy)

2) Project launch status / Progress review
  * Statistics review (Carl)

3) oVirt Workshop / Summit  - Nov. 1 - 3, Cisco Main Campus, San Jose, CA.
  *  http://www.ovirt.org/news-and-events/workshop/
    *  Attendance updates (Robyn/Karsten)
      * Have 71 people currently RSVP'd.
    *  Logistics planning:
  * Capacity is now 80 people (thanks, Cisco)
  * Workshop attendees mailing list (Karsten)
    * Sending updates / etc. to workshop list.
  * Hotel, evening activities status (Karsten)
    * Looking at bids for hotels.
    * Social event is possible on first night (Red Hat sponsored) - need
to find a location. If you have any suggestions, please let Carl or
Karsten know.
  * Press release status
  * Kerri is in all-day meeting today and unable to join; Press release
is currently being drafted and will be shared when it is ready for review.
  * Expecting to reach capacity sometime next week or possibly by the
end of this week.
  * Tweeting/announcing workshop is almost full - anyone can do. We'll
need to announce that we are closed by next week.
  * If we have additional people RSVP, we should email them back and let
them know that it is full, but that we'll let them know about any
vacancies/cancellations. Should keep the workshop list up to date so we
can track any people.
    * The week before the workshop, ask for any people unable to go to
let us know, so we can reassess / give more people seats from cancellations.
  * OVA mail goes out this week - we may get quite a few more needs.
  * WebEx sessions:
    * Have no volunteers for content thus far - people are short on time.
    * Will hold-off for source release to see if there is time after that.

4) Infrastructure (Karsten)
  * Wiki status
    * Complete, pushing out accounts as fast as we can trick people in
to getting them.
  * Want to wrap up infrastructure stuff by the 18th. Bring up the repos
externally a week before the conference so that people can start getting
up to speed, etc.

5) Other updates / Agenda topics