Wed night social or ...?

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Oct 19 16:16:44 UTC 2011

For Tuesday evening, directly after the workshop, Red Hat is hosting a
reception at the Crowne Plaza.[1]

There is an open question about Wednesday night. There may be others
interested in hosting a social event, or we may want things to be
ad-hoc that evening. Here are some ideas, what would you like to do?

A. Ad-hoc - no formal event for the evening, but anyone who wants to
   meets at a large downtown San Jose location, such as Gordon
   Biersch Brewery:

   http://google.com/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1147&bih=576&q=gordon+biersch+san+jose

B. Informal organized - hold another social reception, similar to
   Tuesday evenings, in a different location(?).

C. Formal organized - hold a sit-down dinner at an area restaurant or
   have it catered somewhere.

Myself, I think A works best - let people self-organize, have more
intimate dinners, or all meet in one location, without any pressure to
attend a special event

- Karsten

[1] http://ovirt.org/wiki/Workshop_November_2011#Tuesday_night_reception
team:   Red Hat Community Architecture & Leadership
uri:             http://communityleadershipteam.org
                        http://TheOpenSourceWay.org