oVirt comminuty voting

Carl Trieloff cctrieloff at redhat.com
Tue Sep 13 14:02:01 UTC 2011

On 09/13/2011 09:54 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> A project lead implies that somehow his/her vote is more important
> than anyone else's, which is not how the ASF works.
>
> The idea is to build a community that strives for consensus so that
> the need for tie-breaking votes isn't required… If half the community
> thinks A and the other B, then there is for sure no consensus.

I know many of the Linux projects use the concept of a group elected tie
break role. This is different to ASF. Jim brings up a good point and the
question is do we want it, or not?

Might be best to remove it, and then if a project wants it they have to
get to the mature phase of the project where they update their voting
rules if they want to add that role.

thoughts?

Carl.