[Users] can't add domain with rhevm-manage-domains

Scotto Alberto al.scotto at reply.it
Fri Aug 31 15:45:15 UTC 2012

Ok, now it works.

Thanks to tcpdump/wireshark I could undesrstand that:

-          Rhevm-manage-domains sends DNS queries asking for PTR of RHEV-H and another redundant domain server, so I

-          The LDAP query it sends is (&(sAMAccountType=805306368)(userPrincipalName= fptadmin02 at DOMAIN.LOCAL)<mailto:fptadmin02 at DOMAIN.LOCAL)>) but the account "fptadmin02" I was using had a different userPrincipalName

So here is how I solved:

-          adding the missing PTRs in the reverse zone of the DNS server

-          logging in with another username that has a correct userPrincipalName

Anyhow, after restarting jbossas, still I can't log in the console with a domain username.
>From wireshark I see it doesn't even send an LDAP query; it breaks at KRB5 packets with "error_code: KRB5KDC_ERR_S_PRINCIPAL_UNKNOWN (7)"

Here are the logs from rhevm.log
http://pastebin.com/kZqn3kzz

Alberto Scotto