[ovirt-users] Is it possible to disable qxl video?

Arman Khalatyan arm2arm at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 16:03:48 UTC 2016

Thanks for clarification. the kvm=off solved the problem.
NICE!!! I got now inside the VM:
OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer string: GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL core profile version string: 4.4.0 NVIDIA 367.27
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.40 NVIDIA via Cg
compiler
OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)

the steps to reproduce:
1) virsh edit render
2) change schema of xml: <domain type='kvm' xmlns:qemu='
http://libvirt.org/schemas/domain/qemu/1.0'>
3) add following in the end before </domain>:
<qemu:commandline>
    <qemu:arg value='-cpu'/>
    <qemu:arg value='host,kvm=off'/>
  </qemu:commandline>
4)  start vm, install nvidia driver, check gpu: nvidia smi
5) install virtualgl, init 3
6) nvidia-xconfig --enable-all-gpus --separate-x-screens
--use-display-device=None --virtual=1280x1024
init 5
7) vglconnet render01.vm and finally: vglrun glxinfo or whatever!!!

Now back to origin: how to add this tweak in to ovirt?? :)

 Dr. Arman Khalatyan  eScience -SuperComputing
 Leibniz-Institut für Astrophysik Potsdam (AIP)
 An der Sternwarte 16, 14482 Potsdam, Germany