[ovirt-users] Fencing errors on oVirt Engine Version: 4.0.1

Martin Perina mperina at redhat.com
Thu Jul 28 09:08:11 UTC 2016

Hi Peter,

see my inline responses:

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 9:32 AM, Peter Michael Calum <pemca at tdc.dk> wrote:

> Hi Martin
>

> I see no firewall issues.
>

> I have made some more tests :
>

> RHEV  3.6 host khk9dsk30  test to khk9dsk34 & khk9dsk35 - OK
>
> RHEV  3.6 host khk9dsk31  test to khk9dsk34 & khk9dsk35 - OK
>
> RHEV  3.5 host khk9dsk32  test to khk9dsk34 & khk9dsk35 - OK
>
> RHEV  3.5 host khk9dsk33  test to khk9dsk34 & khk9dsk35 – OK
>
> OVIRT 4.01 host
> ​​
> khk9dsk34  test to khk9dsk34 & khk9dsk35 – FAIL
>
> OVIRT 4.01 host khk9dsk35  test to khk9dsk34 & khk9dsk35 – FAIL

OVIRT 4.01 host khk9dsk34  test to khk9dsk30 & khk9dsk31 – FAIL

> Could you check in the code  that ipmilan sends on port udp 623 ?

​Yes, this is the default port
​

> All hosts are on same VLAN
>
> [root at khk9dsk31 ~]# fence_ipmilan -a khk9dsk35-mgnt.ip.tdk.dk -l mgntuser
> –p xxxxxxxx -o status

> [root at khk9dsk31 ~]# fence_ipmilan -a khk9dsk34-mgnt.ip.tdk.dk -l mgntuser
> -p xxxxxxxx -o status

> [root at khk9dsk35 ~]# fence_ipmilan -a khk9dsk33-mgnt.ip.tdk.dk -l mgntuser
> -p xxxxxxxx -o status
>
> Failed: Unable to obtain correct plug status or plug is not available
>

> [root at khk9dsk35 ~]# fence_ipmilan -a khk9dsk30-mgnt.ip.tdk.dk -l mgntuser
> -p xxxxxxxx -o status
>
> Failed: Unable to obtain correct plug status or plug is not available
>

> [root at khk9dsk35 ~]# fence_ipmilan -a khk9dsk34-mgnt.ip.tdk.dk -l mgntuser
> -p xxxxxxxx -o status
>
> Failed: Unable to obtain correct plug status or plug is not available

​
​From the above I can say that there are some networking issues on host ​

​
​
khk9dsk35​, you said that firewall is OK, so are IPMI hostnames resolvable?
Please also try to execute above with '-v' as we may get a bit more info
about the issue.
​

> [root@
> ​​
> khk9dsk35 ~]# fence_ipmilan -a khk9dsk35-mgnt.ip.tdk.dk -l mgntuser -p
> xxxxxxxx -o status
>
> Failed: Unable to obtain correct plug status or plug is not available

​This is normal, you are usually not able to connect to IPMI port of the
host from the host​

​Thanks

Martin Perina
​