[ovirt-users] Unable to add host

knarra knarra at redhat.com
Mon Nov 21 05:47:50 UTC 2016

On 11/20/2016 09:24 PM, Oscar Segarra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I try to add the second host from the ovirt interface I get the
> following error:
>
> Imágenes integradas 2
>
> Of course, host vdicnode02 does not appear in the GUI and the gluster
> looks perfectly up und sync:

UI supports a functionality called "Importing host into Ovirt" which
means that if there is already an existing cluster user can import that
cluster and manage it from the UI. In your case i see that you already
have a cluster, what you would need to do just importing the cluster
into UI. To achieve that you just need to go to 'clusters' tab, there
you see a link  called 'import'. Simply click on that link and you will
see a popup for adding the host. Provide the root password for your
hosts and all your hosts will be imported into the UI which are part of
the cluster.

> [root at vdicnode02 ~]# gluster volume status
> Status of volume: vdic-infr-gv0
> Gluster process                     TCP Port  RDMA Port  Online  Pid
> Brick vdicnode01-priv:/vdic-infr/gv0        49152     0  Y       3039
> Brick vdicnode02-priv:/vdic-infr/gv0        49152     0  Y       1999
> Brick vdicnode03-priv:/vdic-infr/gv0        49152     0  Y       3456
> Self-heal Daemon on localhost               N/A       N/A        Y
>   3043
> Self-heal Daemon on vdicnode03-priv         N/A       N/A        Y
>   3496
> Self-heal Daemon on vdicnode01-priv         N/A       N/A        Y
>   3267
>
> Task Status of Volume vdic-infr-gv0
> There are no active volume tasks
>
> Status of volume: vdic-infr2-gv0
> Gluster process                     TCP Port  RDMA Port  Online  Pid
> Brick vdicnode01-priv:/vdic-infr2/gv0       49153     0  Y       3048
> Brick vdicnode02-priv:/vdic-infr2/gv0       49153     0  Y       2026
> Brick vdicnode03-priv:/vdic-infr2/gv0       49153     0  Y       3450
> Self-heal Daemon on localhost               N/A       N/A        Y
>   3043
> Self-heal Daemon on vdicnode01-priv         N/A       N/A        Y
>   3267
> Self-heal Daemon on vdicnode03-priv         N/A       N/A        Y
>   3496
>
> Task Status of Volume vdic-infr2-gv0
> There are no active volume tasks
>
> [root at vdicnode02 ~]#
>
> May I activate self-heal?
Activate self heal? From the above volume status output i see that SHD
process is started and PID for the same is listed which simply means
that self heal is active and running.

> I'd like to know the difference between None, Deploy and Undeploy from
> the Hosted Engine option as well:
>
> Imágenes integradas 1

ah !!!. A lot to explain here. I would suggest you to go through the
link below for more details on this.

https://devconfcz2016.sched.org/event/5m20/ovirt-and-gluster-hyperconvergence

Hope the above helps