[ovirt-users] used bandwidth when live migrating

Nathanaël Blanchet blanchet at abes.fr
Fri Nov 25 10:08:40 UTC 2016

Le 25/11/2016 à 10:28, Nathanaël Blanchet a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> We use in production a dedicated 10G vlan link for live migration. In
> the cluster option tab I put the migration bandwidth limit to 10000
> Mbps. Everything work as expected and now 25 vms on a host migrate in
> a few seconds (excatly 13), but I'm not able to measure the real
> consumed bandwidth. I want to evaluate such a thing beacuse my goal is
> to dedicate a vlan for gluster ont the same 10G nic, and I don't want
> an overload issue with gluster when vms migrations happen.
>
> So my questions are : how does live migration work? Is it a RAM to RAM
> transport between two hosts? Are migration bandwidth limited by I/O
> disk anywhere or by the nic capabilities? Could 10Gbps be fully used
> for such staff? What would you advice to make work gluster and
> migration on the same nic (QoS?)

Is this what I need ?
https://www.ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/network/detailed-host-network-qos/

Cluster/DC (Data Center) - control the traffic related to a specific
logical network throughout the entire cluster/DC, including through its
infrastructure (e.g. L2 switches).

Cluster/DC-wide QoS remains to be handled in the future.

It seems not to be yet present in 4.0

--
Nathanaël Blanchet

Supervision réseau