[ovirt-users] Desktop virtualization and thin clients

Giulio Casella giulio at di.unimi.it
Tue Apr 4 10:59:16 UTC 2017

Hi,
I'm evaluating some thin client to connect to ovirt VMs, used as desktop
workstations.
I really don't care about native client support, I distribute via PXE a
custom linux OS launching remote viewer.
I'd like to have good multimedia performance, at a reasonable price.

Googling a little, I focused on a couple of vendor: https://www.igel.com
and https://www.10zig.com/.

Anyone has already tested those vendor products? which model? which is
the (approx.) price?
Obviously any hint on other vendors are welcome.

The scenario is composed of about 1500 VMs, running on ovirt (RHV to say
the truth), distributed over 3 datacenters, currently accessed using old
(5-7 years) PC, that I'm planning to renew.

TIA,
Giulio