[ovirt-users] MAC Address is already in use; several of times before Nic/MAC is acceppetd

Martin Mucha mmucha at redhat.com
Thu Apr 6 11:51:41 UTC 2017

Hi,

you're the second (if I'm counting correctly) person able to reproduce
this. So far we do not know what is causing this, and all tests we made so
far cannot reproduce this. Previous unlucky user had problem, that he had
less available macs in MAC pool, than actual nics in system. This does not
answer the question how he was able to reach this situation, but he was
able to greatly reduce this issue via making MAC pool bigger.

You said, that you added extra pool. Which pool are you referring to? MAC
pool? VM pool? Please describe your environment and ideally provide us with
logs. How many VMs do you have in each VM pool? How many vm_interfaces do
you have in your system in total? How many MAC pools do you have in your
system and what is its configuration?

thanks,
Martin.