[ovirt-users] Compiling oVirt for Debian.

Leni Kadali Mutungi lenikmutungi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 03:57:43 UTC 2017

Hello all.

I am trying to install oVirt on Debian. So far I've managed to install
a good chunk of the dependencies. However I haven't been able to
install otopi, ovirt-host-deploy, ovirt-js-dependencies,
ovirt-setup-lib since Debian has no packages for these. With the
exception of otopi (whose build instructions I was unable to make
sense of on GitHub),
everything else is to be gotten from Fedora/EPEL repos.

I had thought of using alien to convert from rpm to deb, but
apparently the recommended thing is to compile from source, since
using alien can lead to a complex version of dependency hell.

I can download WildFly from source, though again the recommended
procedure is to install ovirt-engine-wildfly and
ovirt-wildfly-overlay.

Any assistance in tracking down the source code of the above packages
so that I can install them is appreciated.

--
- Warm regards
Leni Kadali Mutungi