[ovirt-users] [oVirt 4.1] oVirt installation and hotplug memory to the hosted-engine VM

wodel youchi wodel.youchi at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 18:26:15 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am testing oVirt 4.1 using oVirt node and oVirt appliance, I have two
questions :

1 - Installation process :
I found that the installation process has changed regarding the appliance
use, it forces the download of the appliance before continuing the
installation, but it still offer the use of another image later on, which
is somehow disturbing.
can the force-download be disabled, When installing the first time, I did
download the rpm appliance before starting the hosted-engine deployment,
but I had to re-install the nodes, and since I have a poor internet
connection and to save time I saved the ova file of the appliance, but I
couldn't use later, because the deployment script forces me to download the
image again.

2 - Can we hotplug memory on the hosted-engine VM? if yes how? I can edit
the VM, but the changes are not taken into account. I then stopped the VM
engine and started it again, still the changes are not taken into account,
in the webui I have the new value, but free -m shows me the old one.

Thanks in advance and thank you all for your work and efforts

Regards.