[ovirt-users] Compiling oVirt for Debian.

Leni Kadali Mutungi lenikmutungi at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 03:54:01 UTC 2017

>> I think that all of them are maintained on gerrit.ovirt.org, and most
>> have
>> mirrors on github.com/ovirt.

Found all the source code on gerrit.ovirt.org; not all of it is
mirrored to github.com/ovirt

>> If you haven't yet, you might want to check also:
>>
>> http://www.ovirt.org/develop/developer-guide/engine/engine-development-environment/
>> Adding to otopi support for apt/dpkg is indeed interesting and useful,
>> but
>> imo isn't mandatory for a first milestone. Not having an apt packager
>> will
>> simply mean you can't install/update packages using otopi, but other
>> things
>> should work. Notably, you won't be able to use engine-setup for upgrades,
>> at least not the way it's done with yum and versionlock.

So does this mean I shouldn't bother with installing otopi, because
according to the development guide for RPM-based systems, it seems
only the ovirt-host-deploy, ovirt-setup-lib, and ovirt-js-dependencies
are the packages required. The guide for Debian is blank and marked as
TODO. Another query I had was that should I make the config files
myself as referenced by the README or can I expect that it will be
done during make install?

--
- Warm regards
Leni Kadali Mutungi