[ovirt-users] Importing existing KVM hosts to Ovirt

Shahar Havivi shavivi at redhat.com
Wed Apr 19 05:41:46 UTC 2017

I am glad its works.
btw the vdsm user is exists you can see it in /etc/passwd but it have no
shell login so the ssh key generation will be in /var/ (which mean it may
not survive reboot).
the instruction for the ssh are for Xen but the instruction in the section
"importing-vm" are working for kvm as well.

 Shahar.

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 12:56 AM, Konstantin Raskoshnyi <konrasko at gmail.com>
wrote:

> So eventually it worked fine! Thanks
>
> On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 2:28 AM, Shahar Havivi <shavivi at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> for more info about setting the vdsm user you can see this section:
>> https://www.ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/vi
>> rt/XenToOvirt/#importing-vm
>> its for importing from Xen hypervisiors but the ssh generation for vdsm
>> user is the same.
>>
>>  Shahar.
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 12:20 PM, Michal Skrivanek <
>> michal.skrivanek at redhat.com> wrote:
>>

>>> On 18 Apr 2017, at 09:25, Konstantin Raskoshnyi <konrasko at gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Shahar,
>>> That's for the info,
>>> I'm getting this errors when trying to do with ssh method, even though I
>>> can run virsh -c qemu+ssh://user@tank4/system list without any problems
>>>

>>> can you run that as a “vdsm” user? You need to exchange keys for “vdsm”
>>> (note it has disabled login, so you need to use "runuser" or something)
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> michal
>>>

>>> Here's the error,
>>>
>>> 2017-04-18 07:24:06,152Z ERROR [org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbrok
>>> er.vdsbroker.GetVmsNamesFromExternalProviderVDSCommand] (default
>>> task-20) [69b6998b-e451-4a9b-8112-d57c8b9e88ec] Command
>>> 'GetVmsNamesFromExternalProviderVDSCommand(HostName = tank5,
>>> GetVmsFromExternalProviderParameters:{runAsync='true',