[ovirt-users] oVirt 4.1 not possible to set local maintenance on single host

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 10:12:19 UTC 2017

Hello,
I have a single host test environment on 4.1.0 with hosted engine VM.

I'm going to update to 4.1.1.

Normally the workflow was:

- put env in global maintenance
- update engine part with engine-setup and such
- update other os related packages of hosted engine VM
- shutdown hosted engine vm
- exit global maintenance

Verify engine VM starts and all is ok form web admin gui.
These steps above I have already done and now my engine vm has latest 4.1.1
setup.

Now I want to proceed also with the only existing host part and I have
already run:

- shutdown all running VMs
- put env in global maintenance
- shutdown hosted engine vm

Status is:

[root at ractor ~]# hosted-engine --vm-status

!! Cluster is in GLOBAL MAINTENANCE mode !!

--== Host 1 status ==--

conf_on_shared_storage             : True
Status up-to-date                  : True
Hostname                           : ractor.mydomain
Host ID                            : 1
Engine status                      : {"reason": "bad vm status", "health":
"bad", "vm": "down", "detail": "down"}
Score                              : 3400
stopped                            : False
Local maintenance                  : False
crc32                              : 017f5635
local_conf_timestamp               : 5595857
Host timestamp                     : 5595835
Extra metadata (valid at timestamp):
metadata_parse_version=1
metadata_feature_version=1
timestamp=5595835 (Thu Apr 20 12:06:21 2017)
host-id=1
score=3400
vm_conf_refresh_time=5595857 (Thu Apr 20 12:06:44 2017)
conf_on_shared_storage=True
maintenance=False
state=GlobalMaintenance
stopped=False

!! Cluster is in GLOBAL MAINTENANCE mode !!

[root at ractor ~]#

Normally I set host into local maintenance now, but I receive this error:

[root at ractor ~]# hosted-engine --set-maintenance --mode=local
Unable to enter local maintenance mode: there are no available hosts
capable of running the engine VM.
[root at ractor ~]#

[root at ractor ~]# ps -ef|grep [k]vm
root       887     2  0 Feb14 ?        00:00:00 [kvm-irqfd-clean]
[root at ractor ~]#

Is this a bug or changed functionality?

Thanks,
Gianluca