[ovirt-users] Communicate between the guest vm's hosted on, different hosts on different data centres using OVS

Charles Tassell ctassell at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 09:39:21 UTC 2017

Hmm, so you have 2 10G ports on each host.  1 port is currently in use
with oVirt, and the other isn't?  Then I think you just add a new
network in the Networks tab called OVNLink, then go into the Hosts tab,
click on each host and then on the Network Interfaces tab in the bottom
of the window and assign the unused 10G network device to that link.

I haven't used OVN with oVirt, but that would work with regular
networking so I think it should work with OVN.

If the link is already in use, you should be able to do the same thing
only when you add the new network set it up with a VLAN ID. If you are
going through a switch then the switch will have to be setup to handle
the VLANs.