[ovirt-users] Hyperconverged Setup and Gluster healing

FERNANDO FREDIANI fernando.frediani at upx.com
Mon Apr 24 13:02:45 UTC 2017

Hello.

Out of curiosity, why do you and people in general use more replica 3
than replica 2 ?

If I understand correctly this seems overkill and waste of storage as 2
copies of data (replica 2)  seems pretty reasonable similar to RAID 1
and still in the worst case the data can be replicated after a fail. I
see that replica 3 helps more on performance at the cost of space.

Fernando