[ovirt-users] Windows Server 2016 client licensing costs

Markus Stockhausen stockhausen at collogia.de
Tue Apr 25 17:44:04 UTC 2017

Hi Andrew,

you are on the right way. Although I'm no licensing expert our customers
have the same problem with Orache database since years. The policy boils
down to:

You must license every hardware that the VM might run on. Oracle even
wants to license hardware accross virtualization clusters if there might
be the possibility to relocate the VM between them online (VMWare 6
and higher).

>From a technical perspective OVirt virtualization has the same limits. So
setup small dedicated Windows (or Oracle clusters) to keep costs down.

Markus

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Markus Stockhausen
Teamleiter Softwaretechnologie