[ovirt-users] engine upgrade 4.1.0 => 4.1.1, no more engine console available

Sharon Gratch sgratch at redhat.com
Wed Apr 26 13:01:02 UTC 2017

On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 3:33 PM, Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 2:20 PM, Sharon Gratch <sgratch at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The configuration shown at ​2016-07-04 of video set to "cirrus-vga" and
>> graphic console set to "spice" is an invalid combination which is not
>> supported by oVirt.
>>
>> I'm not sure how it get there ("vnc" changed to "spice" without changing
>> the video device type to "qxl") but it may cause the problem afterwards of
>> removing both graphic and video devices ...
>>
>> Regards,
>> Sharon​
>>

> Is there a way I can fix, eventually going and modifying the db?
> Thanks,
> Gianluca

​
yes, via the UI.
1. Edit the HostedEngive vm and go to console tab
2. Set "Video Type" value to "QXL" and "Graphics protocol" value to "SPICE".
3. restart the HostedEngive vm (It requires a HostedEngive vm restart for
the configuration changes to take effect)
4. After the restart, the qxl, spice devices will be created as required.

Regards,
Sharon​