[ovirt-users] engine upgrade 4.1.0 => 4.1.1, no more engine console available

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 13:39:17 UTC 2017

On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 3:01 PM, Sharon Gratch <sgratch at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 3:33 PM, Gianluca Cecchi <
> gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 2:20 PM, Sharon Gratch <sgratch at redhat.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The configuration shown at ​2016-07-04 of video set to "cirrus-vga" and
>>> graphic console set to "spice" is an invalid combination which is not
>>> supported by oVirt.
>>>
>>> I'm not sure how it get there ("vnc" changed to "spice" without changing
>>> the video device type to "qxl") but it may cause the problem afterwards of
>>> removing both graphic and video devices ...
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Sharon​
>>>

>> Is there a way I can fix, eventually going and modifying the db?
>> Thanks,
>> Gianluca
>>

>> yes, via the UI.
> 1. Edit the HostedEngive vm and go to console tab
> 2. Set "Video Type" value to "QXL" and "Graphics protocol" value to
> "SPICE".
> 3. restart the HostedEngive vm (It requires a HostedEngive vm restart for
> the configuration changes to take effect)
> 4. After the restart, the qxl, spice devices will be created as required.
>
> Regards,
> Sharon​

The problems is that, from a web gui point of view, the settings in 2. are
already in place... ;-) but not honored.. is because of this that I asked
about database manipulation...
I could instead change the console parameters and set them to cirrus/vnc
and see if they work after shutdown and restart of engine VM and in a
second time change again to qxl/spice and see if they are honored then...

What do you think?