[ovirt-users] engine upgrade 4.1.0 => 4.1.1, no more engine console available

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 07:46:33 UTC 2017

On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 4:56 PM, Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 4:15 PM, Sharon Gratch <sgratch at redhat.com> wrote:
>

>> ​You can do that.
>> But I still think that setting to qxl/spice should work In first round without
>> setting to cirrus/vnc first, since the "​
>> ​"​
>>
>> ​and not "spice" AFAIR (as displayed in general sub tab).
>>
>> If it is set to "None", then after the settings in (2) you will be
>> notified with a pop-up displaying the following:
>> "Changes that require Virtual Machine restart: graphicsProtocol"
>>
>> and after a restart both devices should be added.
>>

> Did you notice the screenshot I already sent in this thread on 24th of
> April?
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvQVhzaGFHSmoxaGc
> /view?usp=sharing
>

> <https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvQVhzaGFHSmoxaGc/view?usp=sharing>In
> that screenshot you can see that in general subtab there is indicated
> qxl/none, but at the same time in edit VM --> console there are the values
> qxl/SPICE....

BTW: if I try to set the video type to Cirrus from web admin gui (and
automatically the Graphics Protocol becomes "VNC"), I get this when I press
the OK button:

Error while executing action:

HostedEngine:

   - There was an attempt to change Hosted Engine VM values that are locked.

The same if I choose "VGA"
Gianluca