[ovirt-users] Hello from Bacchus !

Juan Hernández jhernand at redhat.com
Sat Apr 29 17:28:25 UTC 2017

On 04/28/2017 09:14 PM, Niyazi Elvan wrote:
> Thank you Barak !
>
> I will position Bacchus as a protection solution, not only for backups
> but also replication. SDK would be a better decision in that way.
>
> Regards,

Note that the "backup API" is just a subset of the oVirt API. It is not
a different API. In particular it is the subset of methods that can be
used to create snapshots and to attach/detach the snapshot disks to/from
virtual machines. The Python SDK does cover the complete API, including
this subset. There is an example here:

https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-engine-sdk/blob/master/sdk/examples/vm_backup.py