[ovirt-users] engine upgrade 3.5 -> 4.1.1

Sverker Abrahamsson sverker at abrahamsson.com
Thu Apr 27 19:27:06 UTC 2017

Hi
I upgraded an old ovirt installation from 3.5 to latest version, but end
up with this error message when running engine-setup:

[ INFO  ] Stage: Setup validation
[ ERROR ] It seems that you are running your engine inside of the
hosted-engine VM and are not in "Global Maintenance" mode. In that case
you should put the system into the "Global Maintenance" mode before
running engine-setup, or the hosted-engine HA agent might kill the
machine, which might corrupt your data.
[ ERROR ] Failed to execute stage 'Setup validation': Hosted Engine
setup detected, but Global Maintenance is not set.

This is not a hosted engine, so why does it think so? How can I get it
past this step?

Best regards
/Sverker